Find solace at a hidden Paxos gem
Situated down a narrow lane in one of Paxos’ lesser known little villages, The Olive Press is a hidden gem, providing comfortable and traditional accommodation within easy walking distance of the main town.
The property was once a working village olive press and has been painstakingly restored back to its former glory. The result is a truly charming place where you can immerse yourself in a good book, cook up a storm or simply make use of the open plan space to enjoy a lazy Paxos afternoon.
The Olive Press is ideally located. Gaios and the hidden away coves of the Paxiot West Coast are an easy walk away. Following the trail down an old donkey track and you will discover the secret bays of Avlaki and Bougazi. After a day of walking and exploring, you can find two of the best traditional tavernas on the island nearby the property. Here you will be able to enjoy wonderful home-cooked Greek food and of course sample some of the famous Paxiot hospitality.
The original exposed Paxos flagstone flooring is complimented with contemporary touches to provide a truly memorable stay. The building itself consists of a large open plan living/dining and well-equipped kitchen area, with beautiful vaulted ceilings and a traditional archway leading to a double bedroom and en-suite shower room. At the rear of the property is a cosy walled courtyard for early morning breakfast, sunny afternoons and al fresco dinners.
The Olive Press Detail
- Double bedroom with en suite bathroom
- Well equipped, open-plan kitchen
- Outside dining table
- Walled courtyard
- Barbecue “disposables”
- Nespresso machine (pods not supplied)
- Smart television (YouTube, Netflix)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Selection of books
- Storage areas
- Sun loungers
- Welcome hamper on arrival
- Serviced every three days
- Beach towels
Olive Press on the map
- Located exactly between the town of Gaios and the hidden coves of the west coast of Paxos Island
Distance from/ to:
- A short walk to the secret bays of Avlaki and Bougazi where you can enjoy swimming and snorkeling in the crystal-clear azure waters
- A five minute walk will take you to the Paxos Club Hotel where you can make use of the facilities and pool.
- 20-minute walk to Avlaki and Bougazi beach
- Fly to Corfu from London and most regional airports
- We can arrange your transfer to the island by hydrofoil or sea taxi.
- The transfer journey takes an hour and each boat is licensed to carry a maximum of 10 guests
- Car hire recommended but not essentail
What sets us apart
Each villa in our portfolio is hand-selected and cared for by a house manager. We represent some of the finest villas in Greece.
Greece is our home. Our local knowledge is always up to date and our network of contacts is superb. We offer hands-on support 24/7 year round.
We offer a full concierge service from arrival to departure, including transfers, vehicle and bike hire, day trips and in-villa specialties, like chefs, nannies and masseurs.
See More Villas
Villa Peri is light and bright, offering unpretentious splendour a few minutes’ walk from Monodendri and Lakkos beaches. Comfortably sleeping 10 guests in five bedrooms, Villa Peri features two swimming pools, superb views and multi-level relaxation and play areas, both indoors and outdoors.
Villa Marina offers its own private jetty on Mongonissi Bay, overlooked by two spacious houses adjoining a vast pool terrace on the hillside. Ideal for large groups and families, Villa Marina is sophisticated, spacious and comfortable, and strolling distance from Mongonissi’s beach and two restaurants.
Villa Glaros offers a resort-style retreat complete with private beach, ski boat and water sports equipment. Set on a landscaped estate, the villa is compact and comfortable, with a chef and concierge onsite. Outdoor attractions include a yoga and relaxation platform, a treehouse, floodlit tennis courts and a heated pool.